Re: HEADS-UP: Shared Library Versions bumped...

From: Mel Flynn <mel.flynn+fbsd.current_at_mailing.thruhere.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 23:42:24 -0800
On Tuesday 28 July 2009 23:10:50 Doug Barton wrote:
> Mel Flynn wrote:
> > I wrapped portmaster, since -af has the same problem when something
> > screws the build (mostly plist problems and $me wanting backup packages,
> > but also classics like using sudo as PM_SU_CMD and trying to reinstall
> > it).
>
> I hate to tell you but portmaster already has the ability to restart
> after an interrupted -af. See the man page regarding the -R option.

Maybe that can be cleared up:
 -R  restart an update, skipping ports already up to date. Used with -r
                                               ^^^^^^^^^^
    or -f options.

Yes, I should've gathered what it meant when reading "or -f options", but I
never read that far. Perhaps that could read "... already done in the previous
run".

> So
> you can do this the first time: portmaster -Daf
>
> Then do this the second (or more) time: portmaster -DGRaf

And with the above in EXAMPLES.

> The one caveat is that you don't want to run any other portmaster
> commands in between since it will remove all the flags when it exits
> successfully.

Gotcha. Is there a reason the flags are removed if the options are not "-r or
-f"?
--
Mel