Re: RPCPROG_MNT: RPC: Timed out / receiving NFS error when trying to mount NFS file system after make world

From: Arnar Mar Sig <antab_at_valka.is>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 20:24:43 +0200
On Jun 2, 2009, at 5:53 PM, Rick Macklem wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, O. Hartmann wrote:
>

>> Mounting via '-o nfsv3,tcp' in addition, everthing works all right
>> again. I do not know why udp is invoked automatically by now.
>>
>> But for short, we always did NFS mounts over tcp AND udp, so for
>> tcp it worked again!
>>
> Hmm, weird. udp mounts work here for me (except NFSv4, where tcp is
> required, but you'd only get that if you had used "-o nfsv4" in your
> mount).
>
> I'll take another look at mount_nfs.c too (already caught a problem I
> introduced in mountd.c). Maybe I unintentionally changed one of the
> defaults. (I think the default is supposed to be nfsv3,tcp but I'll
> look.)
>
> For udp to work, nfsd must have the "-u" argument. That might be why
> it
> wouldn't work? (Still doesn't explain why the default was udp and not
> tcp.)
>
> Anyhow, thanks for doing the testing and I'll email again if I find
> that I've screwed up the defaults for mount_nfs too. (Is that a
> "big pointy hat"?:-)

I'm having troubles with nfsroot on avr32 after updating my dev box to
HEAD on May 31.

I can see MNT RPC packet coming from the avr32 board and running
mountd -d shows "mountd: mount successful" when the packet is received
but no answer is transmitted, rpc is sent with udp.
I can mount the same export from my osx workstation when using tcp.

Arnar Mar Sig