Re: RPCPROG_MNT: RPC: Timed out / receiving NFS error when trying to mount NFS file system after make world

From: Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 15:36:30 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, Arnar Mar Sig wrote:

> I'm having troubles with nfsroot on avr32 after updating my dev box to HEAD
> on May 31.
>
> I can see MNT RPC packet coming from the avr32 board and running mountd -d
> shows "mountd: mount successful" when the packet is received but no answer is
> transmitted, rpc is sent with udp.
> I can mount the same export from my osx workstation when using tcp.

Ok, I've poked at it a little more and the case that seems to be broken
is the "-h nfs-server.cis.uoguelph.ca" option on nfsd. Without "-h" or
with "-h 131.104.49.243" it seems to work. (This affects udp but not tcp.)

I haven't yet figured out why that case is broken, but I'll keep fiddling
with it. (For me the getaddrinfo() fails for this case.)

If you are not using the "-h" option on nfsd and udp isn't working, I
haven't got an explanation, because it seems to work for me?

rick