Re: Kernel panic when accessing ZFS-Filesystem via NFS

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 20:24:49 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Robert Watson wrote:

Hi,

> Thinking more formally about this, I guess the question is whether or not the
> NFS server should really be a "third" credential root.  If so, we should

I am not sure that would be a good idea or if it will actually be
needed.

I'd like to avoid adding more cases of this, especially outside
init_main.c

nfs server to my understanding is in no way special; nfs client would
be as it can be used for the root fs.

I wonder if the nfs server should use the credentials from the
`prison' that triggered things off and that would be serving the data;
that would probably also solve a few virtual network stack cases that
are still left on my todo list.

Unfortunately I'll still need stom time and probably a pencil to
inhale the `new' way NFS works.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                      The greatest risk is not taking one.