Re: signifanctly slowdown of FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT/amd64

From: Pierre Guinoiseau <geekounet_at_poildetroll.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 05:13:04 +0200
Hi,

I have a similar problem, for about 3 weeks/1 month now, on a SMP box.
If i run something using much cpu for a "long" time and/or causing heavy
I/O, like compiling or watching a video, my box slows down a lot, X11
(and any apps, X11 or not) become much less responsive, the CPU stays at
100% load (mainly because of X11), even when the original task is ended.
If I stop X11, the system stay still very slow. The only way to get my
machine back in a usable state is to reboot it... :(

Following this discussion, I've tried to compile a kernel (with a fresh
check out from yesterday) with and without adaptive sx, and it didn't
change anything at all, so this is not the origin of the problem.

I've no idea from where the problem comes from, and I can't say exactly
since when it is here. But I can give more informations about my system
if needed and test any solution you could advise if any.

Thanks!

Pierre Guinoiseau