Re: sysinstall, GJOURNAL and ZFS

From: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek_at_wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 22:07:33 +0200 (CEST)
>> problem has since been fixed.
>
> I've had several cases that needed manual fsck. After I turned off
> background fsck, the problems stopped. These days background_fsck="NO"
> is a standard part of my rc.conf.
and mine.

actually snapshots doesn't work on large partitions - could simply crash.
that's why i wrote that UFS has practically no bugs, except snapshots.

But i don't see it as a problem. i don't like my system to start unchecked
and then be "background" checked. this background checking slows down
system so much and takes more time than foreground checking.

FreeBSD really doesn't crash every day, so what a problem to just do fsck
at start and wait a bit.