Re: mmap & nVidia GPU driver

From: Sam Fourman Jr. <sfourman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 16:17:48 -0500
> Does it mean that there are still some chances that 8.0 will satisfy nVidia
> and we will see this so long expected driver soon after the release?
>
>  Igor.

I Hope so, at least for me and my circle of friends, this is the
single most important thing that
could happen to FreeBSD, since we require decent 3d acceleration and
have a large investment in
current Nvidia hardware, it is what makes FreeBSD amd64 usable. it is
getting harder and harder
to live with less than 4GB of memory on i386.

I love FreeBSD and I use it everywhere I can, but from a desktop point
of view no 64bit nvidia driver
is a very big deal. (Eg, it is hard to not use things as simple as Google Earth)

Just my thoughts.

Sam Fourman Jr.
Fourman Networks