Re: RFC: C version of devd daemon.

From: James Butler <sweetnavelorange_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 22:06:52 +1200
2009/6/13 Joel Dahl <joel_at_freebsd.org>:
> Roman Divacky skrev:

[snip]

>> clang will ultimately support C++ just fine. dont forget devd
>> is not the only C++ code in our src. we also have groff and
>> libstd++
>
> Kristaps Dzonsons has been working on a groff replacement called mdocml for
> some time.  It's small compared to groff, written in C and ISC-licensed.
>  And it's fast too.  :-)

This look like an interesting project, but someone would need to write
an -ms support library to deal with the files in
/usr/src/share/doc/papers. The *roff implementations from opensolaris
or "heirloom" unix have also been mentioned time-to-time as possible
replacements for groff.

-James Butler