Re: KDE4 on FreeBSD (was: KDE4 and input events)

From: Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky_at_c2i.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 20:39:51 +0200
On Monday 08 June 2009 20:33:19 Sam Leffler wrote:
> Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > Hi,

Hi,

I was trying to figure out why the right mouse button on the builtin touchpad
of my Aspire One had died, just to conclude that it was a hardware problem and
that I have to use an external USB mouse :-) During my investigation I found
some possibly unlocked code in sysmouse.c . Also I found out that the
/dev/sysmouse is not opened in raw mode, because ttydisc_can_bypass() is never
true in sysmouse.c . I've made a patch. Ed: Can you go through my patch and
see if the issues I've fixed apply or if there is a bug in the TTY code, not
detecting that raw mode should be selected.

Patch for X-org server:

/usr/ports/x11-servers/xorg-server/work/xorg-server-1.6.1/hw/xfree86/os-
support/shared/posix_tty.c

_X_EXPORT int
xf86OpenSerial (pointer options)

        /* set up default port parameters */