Re: Re: [Call For Testing] VirtualBox for FreeBSD! take 6

From: Mario Pavlov <freebsd_at_abv.bg>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 00:12:08 +0300 (EEST)
Hi,
it worked for me using this trick to disable crogl
I was able to install and run windows xp :)
the only problem I noticed is that if I leave the virtual machine just running without doing anything for a while it will "abort" whatever that means...I just saw that the virtual machine that I left running was later gone (i.e. stopped) and its status was: "Aborted"
...oh and the other thing is that I can't run VirtualBox under non-root user...I get this when I try:

$ VirtualBox
No Persistent Registry Found.
Type Manifest File: /home/myuser/.VirtualBox/xpti.dat
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering begins.
*** Registering ipcdclient components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering VirtualBox_Server_Module components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering VirtualBox_Client_Module components (all right -- a generic module!)
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering succeeded
nNCL: registering deferred (0)
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering begins.
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering succeeded
nNCL: registering deferred (0)

!!Assertion Failed!!
Expression: !mWarningIcon.isNull()
Location  : /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox/work/virtualbox-2.2.51r20457/src/VBox/Frontends/VirtualBox/src/VBoxGlobal.cpp(2797) void VBoxGlobal::retranslateUi()
Trace/BPT trap: 5

anyway, it's very nice to have a real virtualization software on FreeBSD! :)
thanks to all who made this possible!!

regards,
mgp