Re: CFT: fxp(4)

From: Bruce Simpson <bms_at_incunabulum.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 09:08:46 +0100
Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> Please test the patch in the following URL if you have fxp(4)
> hardwares. The patch contains various accumulated fixes for
> multicast handling, bus_dma fixes, more sane initialization
> and enhanced lockup detection for buggy controllers.

This is just a note to say that I *have* observed problems with
multicast setup in fxp(4) -- it seems to need setting up of the
link-layer hash filter for a group to transmit as well as receive.

This isn't OK, NICs should be able to transmit w/o receive setup, and
may break normal use-cases (esp. IPv6), I posted to freebsd-net_at_ about
this over the past 12 months, but did not have time to reproduce or
isolate the issue. So a fix is very, very welcome. Thanks for working on
this.

I have an fxp(4) but it's in my home server RELENG_7 box... any plans to
backport?

thanks,
BMS