Re: RFC: ATA to CAM integration patch

From: Kamigishi Rei <spambox_at_haruhiism.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 14:23:31 +0400
Alexander Motin wrote:
> It could be not a real bug, but incorrect diagnostic, in situation,
> when the last of 32 submitted command finishes first. NCQ in practice. :)
Running for > 24 hours now, no such messages yet - so probably as you
stated it was just a problem of an incorrect diagnostics assumption.
Thanks gods you didn't use panic("ALL SLOTS BUSY") ;)

By the way: smartctl from smartmontools doesn't work with this new
driver (with -d scsi or -d sat as well). How would one request SMART
information from a device provided by ahci.ko (I mean, maybe it can be
implemented in smartmontools easily)?

--
Kamigishi Rei