Re: I'm resigning as ATA maintainer with immediate effect.

From: Johan Bucht <jbucht_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 19:25:01 +0100
On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Søren Schmidt <sos_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> This is just a short notice to let you all know that I'm no longer claiming
> maintainership of the ATA subsystem in FreeBSD.
>
> I should have done this long ago, but it is now shiningly clear to me that
> I'm not up to it anymore. I simply cannot keep up with stuff, and things I
> do have lying around no longer fits the official sources as they have
> changed without me knowing, a clear sign that I'm out of the loop anyways :)
>
> Its been a mixed bag of marbles all these years of doing ATA, but I'm pretty
> certain I wont miss it :)
>
> Take care..
>
> -Søren

Thanks for all the work, I hope you have some time to contribute to
FreeBSD in the future as well!

As Mike said, the ATA subsystem has always been there working as it
should since I started using FBSD. Not a single problem, stability or
performance wise, not even after my laptop was partially submerged in
beer. =)

/Johan