Re: ums no longer loads on CURRENT

From: Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 20:24:56 -0800
On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 7:58 PM, Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 1, 2009, at 6:44 PM, M. Warner Losh wrote:
>
>> In message: <CB26D07A-6D29-4B53-B3F1-CD1CAB8AF899_at_gmail.com>
>>           Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd_at_gmail.com> writes:
>> : Recently built kernel as of today around 4pm. The mouse is available
>> : on the console and moused isn't running; this issue prevents me from
>> : using X11. I'm looking for all libraries linked against libusb-0.1.so.
>> : 8 right now...
>>
>> Did you read updating?
>
> Yes, I did. The only problem is that I can't find anything linked against
> that library; then again my one-liner was probably screwed up so I'll check
> again later.
>
> I'll applied the libmap.conf suggestion and that solved that issue. Yet I've
> unhappily uncovered something else that needs to be solved with rc.d :(...
>
> Since I started up this thread, I'll be more than happy to note what apps I
> encounter that need to be rebuilt so it can be further documented in
> UPDATING.
>
> Thanks,
> -Garrett

    I think I've tied down the issue in part with hal, etc. I have
perforce installed on the system, along with nvidia-kernel, which
means that I need misc/compat-5x. Unfortunately compat-5x installs
libusbhid.so.1, which no doubt conflicts with the installed copy we
have in /usr/lib, but through the glorious thing known as autoconf
with ports, I believe it's picking up the copy in
/usr/local/lib/compat/... I could be wrong though.
    Thoughts?
Thanks,
-Garrett