Re: HEADS UP: IGMPv3/SSM: alpha code drop.

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 13:27:22 +0100
Quoting Bruce Simpson <bms_at_incunabulum.net> (from Wed, 04 Mar 2009
11:49:03 +0000):

> Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>> Is this supposed to make multicast work in a jail? In the past I
>> tried some simple tests (e.g. mtest(8)), but I wasn't able to
>> receive anything in a jail (this test was triggered by the fact,
>> that some avahi-tools from the avahi port didn't showed an expected
>> result).
>
> Not really, no, I have just been making my best guess here. I would
> hope bz would join in once it's checked in -- as I understand it,
> jails are a difficult case for multicast (and broadcast) sockets
> because of how they change how address lookup works. Other than that
> I have done no testing with jails.
>
> I believe the code will continue to work as-is, however others are
> welcome to test and contribute once it's in.

Thanks for the info. I hope the vimage stuff will change this
situation regardless of the fact if someone jumps in and makes the
current stuff work or not.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
For every action, there is an equal and opposite
criticism.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137