Re: problem with nss_ldap

From: Hartmut Brandt <hartmut.brandt_at_dlr.de>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 21:39:31 +0100 (CET)
Hi Tom,

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009, Tom McLaughlin wrote:

TM>Tom McLaughlin wrote:
TM>> Harti Brandt wrote:

TM>> >  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

TM>> > So to answer my own mail: I made a link from the kerberos ticket file
TM>> > which contains the host ticket (and is specified in nss_ldap.conf) to
TM>> > /tmp/krb5cc_0. I've no idea why this is suddenly necessary, though.
TM>>
TM>> There may be an issue with the env method used in nss_ldap to change the
TM>> credentials cache.  My mind is fuzzy but I do recall a similar issue but
TM>> don't remember the exact cause or case.  nss_ldap has a second configurable
TM>> ccname method which when I submitted the original patch I intended to
TM>> switch to once we had a newer heimdal.  Once I get nss_ldap working on my
TM>> box I intend to submit another patch.
TM>>
TM>> tom
TM>
TM>Hi Harti (CC maintainer),
TM>
TM>Can you try the attached patch for nss_ldap?  This should cause the host
TM>ticket to work correctly on -CURRENT.  It's "my box approved".

Does not work. I rebuilt my system with today's sources to be sure,
removed my patches to the two library makefiles and rebuilt nss_ldap with
your patch. I get:

# ls -l
dlopen: /usr/lib/libgssapi_spnego.so.10: Undefined symbol "GSS_C_NT_HOSTBASED_SERVICE"
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.10: Undefined symbol "gss_oid_equal"

Basically on everything I enter. Luckily vi still works :-)

I saw that the configuration script claims not to find
gss_krb5_ccache_name in -lgssapi or -lgssapi_krb5. This is because the
test program for -lgssapi_krb5 links only to gssapi_krb5 but not to gssapi
and so gets a lot of errors. I fixed this by adding gssapi, but the final
result was the same.

harti