Re: problem with nss_ldap

From: <tmclaugh_at_sdf.lonestar.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 16:33:46 -0500 (EST)

> Hi Tom,
>
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2009, Tom McLaughlin wrote:
>
> TM>Tom McLaughlin wrote:

> Miscellaneous
> TM>> > >
> text)???????????????ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

> libraries

> sshd_config
> file
> TM>>
> TM>> There may be an issue with the env method used in nss_ldap to change
> the
> TM>> credentials cache.  My mind is fuzzy but I do recall a similar issue
> but
> TM>> don't remember the exact cause or case.  nss_ldap has a second
> configurable
> TM>> ccname method which when I submitted the original patch I intended to
> TM>> switch to once we had a newer heimdal.  Once I get nss_ldap working
> on my
> TM>> box I intend to submit another patch.
> TM>>
> TM>> tom
> TM>
> TM>Hi Harti (CC maintainer),
> TM>
> TM>Can you try the attached patch for nss_ldap?  This should cause the
> host
> TM>ticket to work correctly on -CURRENT.  It's "my box approved".
>
> Does not work. I rebuilt my system with today's sources to be sure,
> removed my patches to the two library makefiles and rebuilt nss_ldap with
> your patch. I get:
>
> # ls -l
> dlopen: /usr/lib/libgssapi_spnego.so.10: Undefined symbol
> "GSS_C_NT_HOSTBASED_SERVICE"
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.10: Undefined symbol
> "gss_oid_equal"
>
> Basically on everything I enter. Luckily vi still works :-)
>
> I saw that the configuration script claims not to find
> gss_krb5_ccache_name in -lgssapi or -lgssapi_krb5. This is because the
> test program for -lgssapi_krb5 links only to gssapi_krb5 but not to gssapi
> and so gets a lot of errors. I fixed this by adding gssapi, but the final
> result was the same.
>
> harti

Sorry, forgot to mention you still need that patch to libgssapi and
libgssapi_krb5 in base that you did previously.  The patch to nss_ldap
alleviates the lingering problems you still saw.  I need to eventually
talk to dfr_at_ (been busy with various projects at home lately) and see how
nss_ldap should properly link against libgssapi but even after that the
patch to nss_ldap will still be needed and better than the current method
used to use a host ticket.

tom