Re: RFC: localized libc messages

From: Gábor Kövesdán <gabor_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 17:45:51 +0100
Rene Ladan escribió:
> Gábor Kövesdán schreef:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> There has been NLS support in our libc implementation for a long
>> time, but it has been disabled because of some initial problems with
>> NLS. (I don't know the exact explanation, I've just looked up the
>> mail archives.) Now, I've made a patch to re-enable it and I've
>> tested this stuff. It seems to be working without any problems on
>> 7.X. I haven't had any opportunity to try it out on -CURRENT, but
>> I've made available the patch for 8-CURRENT. It turns NLS on and adds
>> some new catalog files.
>
> I've put a slightly different patch (some improvements to the Dutch
> translation) at http://people.freebsd.org/~rene/patches/nls-r189223.diff
>
> It works fine on CURRENT after adding the appropriate stuff to
> ~/.login_conf.
>
> The only problem is that during buildworld, the temporary directories for
> storing the translations are not created.  I had to create them manually,
> and continue the build with the NO_CLEAN flag (to prevent them getting
> deleted again).
Yes, I was going to commit the patch yesterday but I realized this
problem and haven't yet found the fix. If there's someone skilled at
bsd.*.mk, some help would be appreciatied. :)

Regards,

--
Gabor Kovesdan
FreeBSD Volunteer

EMAIL: gabor_at_FreeBSD.org .:|:. gabor_at_kovesdan.org
WEB:   http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gabor .:|:. http://kovesdan.org