Re: RFC: localized libc messages

From: Gábor Kövesdán <gabor_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 23:26:43 +0100
> I had a quick look at src/share/mk/bsd.nls.mk and
> lib/libc/nls/Makefile.inc
> The latter seems ok to me, can the problem be in bsd.nls.mk (e.g. that
> it has
> to create the directories somewhere in the installation rules)?
> bsd.nls.mk first does some name mangling in the installation step and
> then
> adds the mangled NLS stuff to the SYMLINKS variable, i.e. create the
> appropriate
> symbolic links.  But it indeed doesn't seem to create directories.
Well, I had very long looks at all those bsd.*.mk stuff, but I haven't
found any way to add extra obj dirs, just options to override the
default one... But it seems that I've just found a workaround. I'll
finish the buildworld, populate a jail and try out if it works
completely in this way.

--
Gabor Kovesdan
FreeBSD Volunteer

EMAIL: gabor_at_FreeBSD.org .:|:. gabor_at_kovesdan.org
WEB:   http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gabor .:|:. http://kovesdan.org