Re: Bug: new syscons always resets SR to line 24

From: Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:18:54 +0100
Hi Andrey,

* Andrey Chernov <ache_at_nagual.pp.ru> wrote:
> It seems that new syscons always resets scrolling region to 24 lines in
> height and not count actual lines used (I run all screens at 80x30).
> As result reboot messages appearse closer to the middle of the 1st screen
> instead at the bottom, as always.
> Please fix.

This is indeed a bug. The problem is that I noticed this only after I
ported syscons to libteken. Unfortunately I didn't notice this issue
until recently, because for some reason my videocard can only show 80x25
(nVidia GeForce FX on amd64)...

Anyway, I've got a patch that is not yet finished. It should fix the
problems you're having, but unfortunately it will remove the bright
color of the kernel messages:

	http://80386.nl/pub/syscons-printf.diff

I've received some reports this patch fixes the issue, so after I've
fixed the kernel printf colors, I'll commit it to SVN.

--
 Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/