Re: IPv6 in -CURRENT?

From: John Nielsen <lists_at_jnielsen.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 18:50:51 -0400
On Tuesday 10 March 2009 05:29:54 pm Michael Butler wrote:
> John Nielsen wrote:
> > I'm trying to set up a server running yesterday's -CURRENT as an IPv6
> > router for the local network using a tunnel broker. The handbook and
> > other howto documentation I've found seem pretty consistent on the
> > necessary steps, but I'm not having any luck. Any time I try to ping6
> > anything I get "ping6: sendmsg: No buffer space available". That and
> > the fact that I never see any packets out my external interface
> > destined for my broker's tunnel IP make me believe that something is
> > broken locally.
>
> Since this is an IPv6 over IPv4 tunnel, you also have to let the IPv4
> packets out to the tunnel-broker (and back). Check your IPv4 firewall
> rules,

Thanks! That's the something obvious I was overlooking. I'm used to
seeing "permission denied" errors or similar when it's the local
firewall. Packets may or may not have been getting to the tunnel broker
but ipfw is integrated 6/4 now and my custom ruleset didn't have any ip6
allow rules. Seems to be working now. :)

JN