Re: linux 3d applications keep crashing

From: Robert Noland <rnoland_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 15:34:59 -0500
On Sat, 2009-03-14 at 14:55 -0300, Nenhum_de_Nos wrote:

> >> Yes, that will take many years to complete, or at least, produce a
> >> rotating cube or maybe, maybe run glxgears in around 2012.
> >
> > I am currently running accelerated glgears on freebsd using nouveau.
> > thnx for your enthusiasm :)

Unfortunately, the 3d is direct "software rendering" right now, but I do
have drm enabled hardware accelerated 2d and Xv working now.  Linux
doesn't have hardware accelerated 3d right now either, so...

> woowWWW
>
> that's hell-I-don't-know-how-to-express-this good !!!!
>
> where to get latest code ?

I'm planning to start putting together patches for -CURRENT next week.
The userland components you generally need to get from git.  We do now
have a port of the nouveau driver based on a git snapshot, but the
driver has yet to be released and I've got at least one change to libdrm
that is needed against git master to make things work on amd64.

I haven't tried NV50 series cards yet... I've done most of the porting
on an NV40 and Roman has has an NV44.  I need to plug the 8800 back in
and see how it goes.

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland_at_FreeBSD.org>