Re: Is iwn drivers working on Current ?

From: David Horn <dhorn2000_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 17:02:33 -0400
On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Olivier Cochard-Labbé
<olivier_at_freenas.org> wrote:
>> Will your wireless card function for you without the "country FR" setting ?
>> Give it a try regardless of functionality, just to see if the error 35
>> goes away.
>
> You are right: removing "country FR" fix the problem: My wireless works now!

Good to hear.

> But, this create a second problem: Now my FreeBSD crash at startup,
> without generating a core file.
> The error message is (manualy write down) :
> cpuid = 1; apic id = 01
> fault virtual address = 0x28
> fault code = supervisor read data, page not present
> instruction pointer = 0x8:0xffffffff8044b253
> stack pointer = 0x10:0xffffffffe4002ca20
> frame pointer = 0x10:0xffffffff.4002cb10
> code segment = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
>                     = DPL 0, pres 1, long 1, def32 0, gran 1
> processor eflags = interrrupts enabled, resume , IOPL = 0
> current process = 12 (swi4: clock)
> [thread pid 12 tid 100007 ]
> stopped at igmp_fasttimo+0x296: movl 0x28(%r14), %eax

Yes, this looks like the same as other reports of a panic in recent igmpv3 code.

See mesages with subject "IGMPv3 hot interface detach panics" and
"IGMP+WiFi panic on recent kernel - in igmp_fasttimo()" if you want
the details, or just wait a few more days, and I'm sure that a patch
will show up in CVS. ;)

> I need to reboot in single mode and comment the iwn0 configuration
> line in rc.conf for prevent to crash.
> But once booted, In can manually configure the iwn0 card without crash.
>
> I will fill a PR now :-)
>
> Thanks a lot for your help !

Not a problem.  I'm glad my problems ended up being useful to someone else ;)