Re: A trio of problems

From: Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 10:31:29 +0100
Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

> On Mar 16, 2009, at 4:28 PM, Ivan Voras wrote:
>
>> 2. I can't set a kernel coredump directory. The setup is not unusual (no
>> gmirror, etc.) - simply partitions handled by GPART. The error is in
>> ioctl(DIOCSKERNELDUMP): Device not configured. The only thing that comes
>> to my mind is that the swap device is 2 GB while the machine has 4 GB
>> RAM but AFAIK minidumps should work? If I can get coredumps to work I
>> could provide more information on the first problem.
>
> What's the partition type of the partition you're trying to dump
> to?

It's ad8s2b from our earlier conversation.

2. Name: ad8s2b
   Mediasize: 2147483648 (2.0G)
   Sectorsize: 512
   Mode: r1w1e0
   rawtype: 7
   length: 2147483648
   offset: 19327352832
   type: freebsd-ufs
   index: 2
   end: 41943039
   start: 37748736

I see it's labeled as freebsd-ufs. AFAIK I created this file system with
sysinstall.

Do I need to change the type? Any special instructions?