Re: Telnet root login

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 02:17:33 +0000 (GMT)
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009, Barney Cordoba wrote:

>> morninglightmountain# grep secure /etc/ttys|grep pts
>> pts/0   none                    network secure
>
> What tty does it say you are on? You may have the older stuff.
>
> That setup does not work for me. It was the first thing I tried.
>
> I'm running 800070

On my easily on-hand 800060 box, the secure flag on pts/0.../10 appeared to
work as expected: with 'secure', I was able to log in as root using telnet
from localhost; with it removed, I wasn't.  I'll upgrade userspace
tonight/overnight and see if it works with a more recent userspace.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge