Re: [HEADSUP] amd64 suspend/resume code to be comitted

From: Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko_at_ambrisko.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 20:58:43 -0700 (PDT)
FWIW, I have it working on a ThinkPad Z61p.  Things I had to do was hack
the isa vga driver to not attach since both the isa and pci drivers
attached to the vga and that caused issues.  I had to remove usb from
my kernel since it causes a panic.  My bge NIC seems to work fine.
Previously, I disabled pccard from suspending since it used to cause
an interrupt storm with USB sharing the same interrupt.  The latest
ATA code works great, before I had to use a slightly hacked FreeBSD
7.0 version.  I do the suspend/resume thing vidcontrol -s 1 < /dev/ttyv0
and vidcontrol -s 9 < /dev/ttyv0 since that seems to help X.  It's been
a long time, that I've waited to have suspend and resume work on amd64/smp!
Till now, I've been stuck with i386/up :-(  I have 2 boot partitions so I
can boot 32bit or 64bit.  I mount my 32bit stuff as /32bit.. then add
/32bit/usr/local/bin to my path and ldconfig -32 -m /32bit/usr/local/lib
for some app's that aren't available for amd64 like vnc.  After another
patch to rtld and fixing an absolute sym-link versus relative my 32bit
stuff runs great on amd64.

Doug A.