Re: still problems with intel video

From: Mattia Rossi <mrossi_at_swin.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:11:00 +1100
Robert Noland wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-03-26 at 13:10 +0100, Michiel Boland wrote:
>
>> Hi. I still have problems with a very slow display after logging out of an X
>> session and/or switching VTYs. The problem goes away if I add
>> hw.pci.enable_msi=0 to /boot/loader.conf.
>>
>> Last csupped Mar 26 09:49 CET.
>>
>> System is Dell optiplex 745. Has built-in Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
>>
>> Anything I can do to help solve this problem?
>>

> I'm going to try and work on getting better debugging info from the
> intel driver.  I don't have access to any newer Intel hardware at the
> moment, so testing is tricky.
>
> There is a tuneable for just msi on drm hw.drm.msi.
>
> robert.

Yep, correct - here it is again - just had to log out of KDE, and after
logging in again, everything was slow as hell.
I didn't fiddle with the msi settings, just rebooted the machine, and
everything is fine again.
So there must be something that works the first time X is started, but
upon restart stuffs up. Like some lock or reference which is not freed.

Mat