Re: CURRENT && HDA Driver Revision: 20090401_0132 && no recording

From: Alexander Motin <mav_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 17:58:35 +0300
Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Sunday, May 17, 2009 a las 12:36:48AM +0300, Alexander Motin escribió:
>> You have 3 recording sources available via 2 pcm devices. As I can see,
>> your built-in mic assigned to pcm1 device. Have you tried to record from
>> pcm1?
>
> It was even more simple. I was only thinking that recording was not
> working because I could not hear my own voice while speaking in the
> headset (what I can hear for example in the EeePC 900 using snd_hda
> too); that's why I did not tried the Echo Service of Skype; later on I
> did tried it and it records fine from 'mic':

Some codecs (like mine ALC268) just unable to do echo in hardware. For
some others, with recording from playback mixer, snd_hda just unable to
configure such echo. Last could probably be fixed by adding some more
logic to the parser, but I just don't see good reason for this, except
probably just singing karaoke, which I don't like. :)

--
Alexander Motin