Re: [snd_hda][AD1981HD] microphone doesn't work

From: Alexander Motin <mav_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 04:17:52 +0300
Hi.

Andrey wrote:
> There is a laptop with Intel HD Audio Controller on board (HDA Codec
> AD1981HD) and FreeBSD8.0 CURRENT installed. Unfortunately I can't get
> microphone working. (7.2-PRERELEASE had been used before switching to
> CURRENT and microphone had been known as working out-of-the-box on that
> version of FreeBSD).
>
> Looking through the list exposed message where similar issue was
> reported:
> But it looks like requestor didn't provide feedback regarding enclosed
> patch. Also, as far as I can judge, that patch is already in CURRENT,
> but it seems issue is not solved yet (well, at least I think so).

This patch was merged to 7-stable 4 months ago, together with the rest
of driver changes. 7.2-PRERELEASE had snd_hda driver almost (or may be
even completely) identical to the CURRENT of that time. So I don't
understand the difference. To find any difference in driver operation,
try to compare verbose dmesg of the driver in working and not working
systems.

By the way, are you sure that problem is in driver itself? Can't be
linuxulator, Skype, settings or whatever else problem? What are you
using to record sound? Have you tried to use something trivial like
rawrec and rawplay?

What microphone are you using: external or internal? Have you tried
another one? Are you recording silence or some noise? What mixer
settings do you use?

PS: Next time, please, put file somewhere. Inlining broke lines, making
difficult to read it.

--
Alexander Motin