Re: ZFS Crash

From: Florian Smeets <flo_at_kasimir.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 14:36:17 +0200
On 26.05.09 14:04, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> On Mon, 25 May 2009, Larry Rosenman wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 25 May 2009, Larry Rosenman wrote:
>>
>>> after looking at the code, never mind the "don't call doadump", so we'll
>>> get the textdump.
>>>
>>> Thanks rwatson for the textdump stuff!
>>>
>> Here is current stats before we crash. Does any of this look totally
>> out of line?
>>
> It crashed again, but did *NOT* make it into ddb enough to do the textdump.
>
> It was hung with the backtrace (looks like the same, but I couldn't
> scroll the screen back).
>
> Ideas?
>
> I'm really concerned that there is a problem.

Hi i guess I'm having a similar/the same problem. The panic looks the
same, and the trace is a little different, I've had a lot of these
panics on this machine, and the stack trace looked different quite often.

The panic and show uma and show malloc can be found here:
http://webmail.solomo.de/~flo/panic.txt

I have a coredump written to swap, but this panic is very easy to
trigger and it panics every time savecore runs... It is also easy to
trigger this with a buildworld -j5.

This is a quadcore Xeon with a a slow SATA disk and only 1GB of mem.
(It's only a test machine, so i can test any suggestion.) This box used
to run stable with kmem max set to 768M.

Anything i can do?

Cheers,
Florian