Re: ZFS Crash

From: Larry Rosenman <ler_at_lerctr.org>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 10:47:37 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 26 May 2009, Florian Smeets wrote:

> On 26.05.09 14:04, Larry Rosenman wrote:

>>> Here is current stats before we crash. Does any of this look totally
>>> out of line?
>>>
>> It crashed again, but did *NOT* make it into ddb enough to do the textdump.
>>
>> It was hung with the backtrace (looks like the same, but I couldn't
>> scroll the screen back).
>>
>> Ideas?
>>
>> I'm really concerned that there is a problem.
>>

> Hi i guess I'm having a similar/the same problem. The panic looks the same,
> and the trace is a little different, I've had a lot of these panics on this
> machine, and the stack trace looked different quite often.
>
> The panic and show uma and show malloc can be found here:
> http://webmail.solomo.de/~flo/panic.txt
>
> I have a coredump written to swap, but this panic is very easy to trigger and
> it panics every time savecore runs... It is also easy to trigger this with a
> buildworld -j5.
>
> This is a quadcore Xeon with a a slow SATA disk and only 1GB of mem. (It's
> only a test machine, so i can test any suggestion.) This box used to run
> stable with kmem max set to 768M.
>
> Anything i can do?

I've started running the below script every minute from cron.

If anyone wants to look at the data let me know (it's on a Resi DSL line, so
I don't want to run an http server).

I'm willing to give SSH accounts to _at_FreeBSD.org devs to look around.

script:

#!/bin/sh
DATE=`date +%Y%m%d.%H%M%S`
(echo "Uptime:";uptime;echo "vmstat -m:";vmstat -m
  echo "vmstat -z:";vmstat -z) >/home/ler/stats/${DATE}.stats
Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler_at_lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893