fixing kobj signatures

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 17:15:32 +0300
I think I have completed fixing signatures of kobj method implementations in the
whole head tree.
The current diff here:
http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/

It is quite arbitrarily split into the following files:
kobj-agp.diff
kobj-arm.diff
kobj-linker.diff
kobj-other.diff
kobj-sound.diff

Most of the changes are quite trivial but not all.

o kobj-linker.diff - I am not sure if changing interface signature was a good idea.

o kobj-sound.diff - this is a slightly updated version of the patch previously
posted to multimedia ml;
Ariff, could you please let me know about your plans with respect to 8.0 release?

o kobj-arm.diff - it seems that npe_miibus_writereg in
sys/arm/xscale/ixp425/if_npe.c) could now make use of non-void return type to
properly report errors (XXX cases). But I am not sure if it is actually checked in
the calling code (otherwise how does it work now?).
Maybe there are more places like that.

Please review the patch. I might have done something wrong, made some obvious
mistake (like typo) or missed an opportunity to improve the code beyond mechanical
changes.

I tested the patch by enabling 'notyet' definition of KOBJMETHOD in kobj.h and
building the following: all arm kernels (without modules), GENERIC kernels for all
archs that have them (with modules), LINT kernels for all archs that have them
(without modules).

It is quite possible, of course, that some incorrect signatures were not found
using the above build. For instance, in the code under some non-default option.
But I think the number of such functions should be quite small and they should be
trivial to fix later.

I propose this patch for inclusion into the three before 8.0 freeze depending on
response from Ariff.
if this patch is not committed before 8.0 freeze (whole or any significant portion
of the patch), then I'd like to request a branch under users/ where I could
integrate this patch for future merging.

--
Andriy Gapon