Re: Help ZFS FreeBSD 8.0 RC2 Write performance issue

From: Scott Ullrich <sullrich_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:02:32 -0500
On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 8:54 PM, James R. Van Artsdalen
<james-freebsd-current_at_jrv.org> wrote:
> The Areca seems very sensitive to the disk drives used and I had to
> abandon it.  It takes a day or so to get the card's firmware to sound
> the on-board siren no matter which disk drives I tried.

I ended up writing a small cron script to check the status of the
array.  It is located at
http://cvs.pfsense.org/~sullrich/misc/rc_scripts/rc.check_areca if
anyone else is
interested.   I also added a zfs watch script that runs from cron:
http://cvs.pfsense.org/~sullrich/misc/rc_scripts/rc.check_zfs_degraded

YMMV.

Scott