JFYI: VirtualBox-3.0.51.r22902_2 bridge networking freeze issue (solved)

From: Daichi GOTO <daichi_at_ongs.co.jp>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 10:25:43 +0900
At last, I have found an issue situation of system freeze led by bridge networking.
With Vimage enable built kernel, bridge networking feature will lead system freeze.

  checked environment:
    FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT #44: Mon Nov 16 09:51:20 JST 2009  amd64
    virtualbox-3.0.51.r22902_2
    Core2 Quad Q9550

I have replaced to Q9550 instead of Q8300 to get VT feature, but this was not
relevant (But from this change, I got an ability to use 64bit OS. My test environment
has been extended ;-). Second, I have got rid of some compile options
(e.x. CPUTYPE=core2) and ccache caches, but this was not relevant, too.
Third, I have changed my BIOS settings and update thats version, yes living
up to your expectations, this was not relevant, too.

Finally, I have rolled back my kernel to GENERIC and bridge networking works
correctly. Step by step adding kernel options, at last, I have found that Vimage
feature is a cause of this problem.  Thanks

PS
Vimage developer, do you have any ideas?  Or with this issue, VirtualBox side
should treat this problem?

--
Daichi GOTO
CEO | ONGS Inc.