Re: Call for bge(4) testers

From: Gonzalo Nemmi <gnemmi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:34:33 -0200
On Sunday 15 November 2009 11:58:16 pm Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 08:39:31PM -0200, Gonzalo Nemmi wrote:

> > > My diff includes a fix for assuming PCIe device control register
> > > and MSI control registers would be reside in fixed address. And
> > > from the pciconf output I see the your MSI control register is
> > > located at different address. However bge(4) does not touch that
> > > register for BCM5906 so I guess my diff may not fix the resume
> > > issue.
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your prompt, clear and straight answer.
>
> Would you try attached patch for BCM5906 resume issue? Not sure
> whether it help or not though.

Hi Pyun!
Sorry for the delay, I was out of town and just got back.
I'm downloading RC3 as of now. Then I will install:
edit make.conf
edit src.conf
buildworld
buildkernel
installkernel
reboot

mergemaster -p
make installworld
reboot

cp bge.diff bge.patch
cd /usr/src/sys/dev/bge && patch < /path/to/patch
make
make install clean
kldunload if_bge
kldload if_bge
pciconf -lcvb
ifconfig bge0 up
acpiconf -s3

... and hpefully .. resume from S3 ..

Is that ok with you or would you like me to do it in another way?
try some more stuff?
Some test in particular?

Best Regards and thanks for the patch
Gonzalo Nemmi