Re: Call for bge(4) testers

From: Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:54:50 -0800
On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 03:34:33PM -0200, Gonzalo Nemmi wrote:
> On Sunday 15 November 2009 11:58:16 pm Pyun YongHyeon wrote:

> > > Thanks a lot for your prompt, clear and straight answer.
> >
> > Would you try attached patch for BCM5906 resume issue? Not sure
> > whether it help or not though.
>
> Hi Pyun!
> Sorry for the delay, I was out of town and just got back.
> I'm downloading RC3 as of now. Then I will install:
> edit make.conf
> edit src.conf
> buildworld
> buildkernel
> installkernel
> reboot
>
> mergemaster -p
> make installworld
> reboot
>
> cp bge.diff bge.patch
> cd /usr/src/sys/dev/bge && patch < /path/to/patch
> make
> make install clean
> kldunload if_bge

Not sure you removed bge in GENERIC kernel configuration file.

> kldload if_bge
> pciconf -lcvb
> ifconfig bge0 up
> acpiconf -s3
>
> ... and hpefully .. resume from S3 ..
>
> Is that ok with you or would you like me to do it in another way?

That's ok. At first I wanted to add WOL to wake up bge(4) with
magic packet but bge(4) seems to require a lot of workaround for
each controller and it's too complex to implement at this time.
Just want to know whether bge(4) can resume from suspend.