Re: Call for bge(4) testers

From: Gonzalo Nemmi <gnemmi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 16:05:53 -0200
On Monday 16 November 2009 3:54:50 pm Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 03:34:33PM -0200, Gonzalo Nemmi wrote:

> > > Would you try attached patch for BCM5906 resume issue? Not sure
> > > whether it help or not though.
> >
> > Hi Pyun!
> > Sorry for the delay, I was out of town and just got back.
> > I'm downloading RC3 as of now. Then I will install:
> > edit make.conf
> > edit src.conf
> > buildworld
> > buildkernel
> > installkernel
> > reboot
> >
> > mergemaster -p
> > make installworld
> > reboot
> >
> > cp bge.diff bge.patch
> > cd /usr/src/sys/dev/bge && patch < /path/to/patch
> > make
> > make install clean
> > kldunload if_bge
>
> Not sure you removed bge in GENERIC kernel configuration file.

Oh! Sorry for not being clear on that point. Due to the problems I've
had with bge(4), I do remove it from GENERIC .. Actually .. most of my
kernels are named NOBGE ;)

> > kldload if_bge
> > pciconf -lcvb
> > ifconfig bge0 up
> > acpiconf -s3
> >
> > ... and hpefully .. resume from S3 ..
> >
> > Is that ok with you or would you like me to do it in another way?
>
> That's ok. At first I wanted to add WOL to wake up bge(4) with
> magic packet but bge(4) seems to require a lot of workaround for
> each controller and it's too complex to implement at this time.
> Just want to know whether bge(4) can resume from suspend.

Perfetc then, I'll proceed as described above and mail you back as soon
as I have some results to let you know :)

Once Again, thanks for the patch Pyun :)

Best Regards
Gonzalo Nemmi