Re: Call for bge(4) testers

From: Gonzalo Nemmi <gnemmi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 00:11:45 -0300
On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 8:23 PM, Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 07:17:41PM -0200, Gonzalo Nemmi wrote:
> > On Tuesday 17 November 2009 5:32:08 pm Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> > > On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 04:50:06PM -0200, Gonzalo Nemmi wrote:
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Ok, would you try this one? I guess bge(4) register access method
> > > could be in uninitialized state after resume.
> >
> > Just did .. same result .. youŽll find the messages here:
> > http://pastebin.com/f38369b3c
> >
> > 1.- root login
> > 2 to 9.- "kldload if_bge"
> > 10.- "acpiconf -s3"
> > 11 to 13.- wpi0 messages before suspending
> > 14 to 23.- bge0 messages upon resume
> > 24.- wakeup
> >

> Can you remove wpi(4) in kernel configuration and try again?
> I don't think wpi(4) can interfere bge(4) resume but just want to
> clear it.

Just did .. got rid of wpi, wpifw, firmware, recompile, reinstalled and got
the same result:
http://pastebin.com/f5933192d

> > BTW: is there an easy way to unroll the patches so I get a pristine copy
> > back and apply the patch over it again? Im asking because the 3rd chunk
> > of your patch ( bge_reset(sc); ) didn't apply cleanly and I had to edit
> > if_bge.c by hand to add that line in the right place.
> >

> There is option -R in patch(1) so I think you can safely undo
> applied patches if you have previous patch in your box.

Did that .. cd /usr/src && patch -R < /path/to/patch
It apllied like a charm :)

> Still have no clue yet. This kind of debugging really need hardware
> access to experiment various things but let's try narrow down
> possible cause of problem.

I might be able to fix that if you really care about fixing this bug .. I
can set you up a ssh account and give you root acces to this machine if you
need to :)
Just let me know ;)

Best Regards
Gonzalo Nemmi