Re: Call for bge(4) testers

From: Gonzalo Nemmi <gnemmi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 01:27:03 -0300
On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 01:40:24AM -0300, Gonzalo Nemmi wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > I just tried ...
> > echo 'hw.bge.allow_asf="1"' >> /boot/loader.conf
> > reboot
> > load if_bge
> > acpiconf -s3
> > same results :(
> >

> Ok, here is new try.

Let's get on to it then !

Well now, the situation has improved .. here's what I got:
http://pastebin.com/f2d152f91

lines 2 to 8 == kldload if_bge
line 9 == acpiconf -s3
lines 10 to 18 == resume (notice there are only 2 messages now: lines 12 and
13!)
lines 19 to 36 == ifconfig bge0
lines 37 to 42 == me mounting the pendrive to get the messages from
/var/log/messages =P
lines 43 to 46 == kldunload if_bge0

I think you narrowed it down quite a lot this time !

I have to warn you though, that this time, my kernel was compiled using a
... certainly modified /etc/make.conf file ... just in case you need to know
how it looks like, you'll fin it in here:
http://pastebin.com/f42e356d2

If you think that make.conf config may interfere with your pourposes or
tests, just let me know and I'll use a default one.
The good thing about that make.conf is that it saves me quite a time on
every recompile ;)

> im at your service .. tell me what to do and I'll do it :)
> >

> Thanks a lot for your patience and continuous support to fixing
> bugs.

Thank _YOU_ for keeping the good work up and for trying to solve a really
nasty bug that makes every bge(4) user (think of it
_as_every_dell_notebook_owner_) unable to get his laptop to resume .. or
even use FreeBSD altoghether just because of this.

Dear Pyung, rest assured that as long as you remain commited to fix this, or
any other bug that I can help you with, you can count on me to do everything
that may be within the reach of my hand. As long as you remain commited,
I'll be there, commited just as well :)

Awaiting further orders
Yours
Gonzalo Nemmi