Re: Call for bge(4) testers

From: Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:37:20 -0800
On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 01:27:03AM -0300, Gonzalo Nemmi wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 01:40:24AM -0300, Gonzalo Nemmi wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > I just tried ...
> > > echo 'hw.bge.allow_asf="1"' >> /boot/loader.conf
> > > reboot
> > > load if_bge
> > > acpiconf -s3
> > > same results :(
> > >

> > Ok, here is new try.
> >

> Let's get on to it then !
>
> Well now, the situation has improved .. here's what I got:
> http://pastebin.com/f2d152f91
>
> lines 2 to 8 == kldload if_bge
> line 9 == acpiconf -s3
> lines 10 to 18 == resume (notice there are only 2 messages now: lines 12 and
> 13!)
> lines 19 to 36 == ifconfig bge0
> lines 37 to 42 == me mounting the pendrive to get the messages from
> /var/log/messages =P
> lines 43 to 46 == kldunload if_bge0
>
> I think you narrowed it down quite a lot this time !

Hmm, not actually. I guess it just removed unnecessary operation
for PHY but it still failed to get functional state. :-(

> I have to warn you though, that this time, my kernel was compiled using a
> ... certainly modified /etc/make.conf file ... just in case you need to know
> how it looks like, you'll fin it in here:
> http://pastebin.com/f42e356d2
>
> If you think that make.conf config may interfere with your pourposes or
> tests, just let me know and I'll use a default one.

I think that's ok.

> The good thing about that make.conf is that it saves me quite a time on
> every recompile ;)
>
> > im at your service .. tell me what to do and I'll do it :)
> > >

> > Thanks a lot for your patience and continuous support to fixing
> > bugs.
> >

> Thank _YOU_ for keeping the good work up and for trying to solve a really
> nasty bug that makes every bge(4) user (think of it
> _as_every_dell_notebook_owner_) unable to get his laptop to resume .. or
> even use FreeBSD altoghether just because of this.
>
> Dear Pyung, rest assured that as long as you remain commited to fix this, or
> any other bug that I can help you with, you can count on me to do everything
> that may be within the reach of my hand. As long as you remain commited,
> I'll be there, commited just as well :)

Thanks a lot! This really helps me a lot to fix the bug.
Here is 4-th try. I added a couple of debug messages to see what
register contents it have after resume.

Thanks in advance.