ipw driver on FreeBSD 8.0

From: Chris <behrnetworks_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 21:31:58 -0500
Hello,

Months ago there was some chatter about the ipw driver (For Centrino Intel
2100 wireless) being broken in 8.0 but that was when 8.0 was still under the
CURRENT branch. Can anyone tell me if it has been fixed? I'm having a heck
of a time trying to get it to work with the new VAP stuff. Here's the thread
I'm referring to:

http://old.nabble.com/wpa_supplicant-can%27t-associate-with-WPA2-AP-td22687633.html

I'm seeing exactly the same problem shown in the thread when trying to
associate with a regular WPA access point.

Any info would be appreciated!

Chris