Re: 8.0-RELEASE completed...

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 19:06:01 -0800
> From: Ken Smith <kensmith_at_cse.buffalo.edu>
> Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 20:06:23 -0500
> Sender: owner-freebsd-stable_at_freebsd.org
>

> Just a quick note in case there are people here who aren't subscribed to
> the freebsd-announce_at_ mailing list.
>
> We have completed the 8.0-RELEASE cycle.  Details about the release are
> available from the main web site, in particular the announcement itself
> is available here:
>
>   http://www.freebsd.org/releases/8.0R/announce.html
>
> Thanks for all the help with testing during the release process, as well
> as your continued support of FreeBSD.

And congratulations and thanks to the entire FreeBSD release engineering
team and the contributors. It's a .0 release, but my experience with it
through the release cycle has been excellent. I especially appreciate the
new USB stack which has fixed all sorts of annoying issues (and a couple
that were a lot more than annoying) in the old stack.

Great job!
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)