The press release (was: Re: 8.0-RELEASE completed...)

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 15:39:19 +0000 (GMT)
On Thu, 26 Nov 2009, Ken Smith wrote:

> Just a quick note in case there are people here who aren't subscribed to the
> freebsd-announce_at_ mailing list.
>
> We have completed the 8.0-RELEASE cycle.  Details about the release are
> available from the main web site, in particular the announcement itself is
> available here:
>
>  http://www.freebsd.org/releases/8.0R/announce.html
>
> Thanks for all the help with testing during the release process, as well as
> your continued support of FreeBSD.

For those wanting to do advocacy work for the release, in addition to the
release announcement and highly detail release notes, there's also a press
release:

   http://www.freebsd.org/releases/8.0R/pressrelease.html

It is a bit more verbose and salesy than the announcement, but a lot shorter
than the release notes.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge