Re: Creating /dev links to dynamic devices

From: Warren Block <wblock_at_wonkity.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 21:52:30 -0600 (MDT)
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009, Justin Hibbits wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 11:19 PM, Warren Block <wblock_at_wonkity.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Oct 2009, Justin Hibbits wrote:
>
> On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 10:00 PM, Warren Block <wblock_at_wonkity.com> wrote:
>
>       devfs.conf allows creating static device links:
>
>       link    acd0    cdrom
>
>       This only runs on devfs startup, so it's useless for creating a link to a
>       dynamic device.
>
> I guess I misread your original post.  Why do you want to add actions based on the creation of the uscanner node?

In this case, so I can run scanbuttond on creation of uscanner0.  Yes,
that could be done on detection of the vendor and product IDs and using
the ugen device for this example.

But it seems to show that either the ability to dynamically create
"static device links" isn't there, or I just haven't found it yet.