Re: Creating /dev links to dynamic devices

From: Szilveszter Adam <sziszi_at_bsd.hu>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 10:02:55 +0100
On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 09:52:30PM -0600, Warren Block wrote:

> In this case, so I can run scanbuttond on creation of uscanner0.  Yes,
> that could be done on detection of the vendor and product IDs and using
> the ugen device for this example.
>
> But it seems to show that either the ability to dynamically create
> "static device links" isn't there, or I just haven't found it yet.

Looks like you are right. The creation of links as specified in
devfs.conf is handled by custom code in /etc/rc.d/devfs, it cannot be
specified as the "action" part of a devfs rule at this time.

Your best bet is to use devd.conf, there you have more freedom (but you
have already hinted at this yourself)

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM