Re: Strange issue with Samba on 8.0rc1

From: Remko Lodder <remko_at_elvandar.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:15:32 +0100
On Oct 24, 2009, at 12:31 AM, David Ehrmann wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh_at_gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> Forgot to say one thing.
>> AFAIK there is one bug which tries to adjust buffer length after
>> I'm not sure whether this causes your Samba related issue.
>>

> I just gave my other ethernet device, vr0, an IP and netmask.  I'm
> seeing
> the same problem if I access the samba share via that IP.  Unless
> FreeBSD is
> doing something funny and trying to guess that the two IP addresses
> are on
> the same network and sending all data out on the faster interface, I
> think
> the vge driver is off the hook.
>
> I also switched my laptop over from wifi to ethernet, but that also
> didn't
> change things.

Wait.. Are you telling us you have a

vr and an vge card in the same network? that would surely generate
problems. One of them will reply for the ARP address of the requested
IP, because they both know the address for
that. That could mean that sometimes the traffic goes to the vge, and
sometimes to the vr device.

The thing to avoid that is by unsetting ARP questions on the
interface, and statically assigning it to your devices (arp -S/-s) so
that they will only talk with the correct interface.

The way I read this, it will never generate a good working test...

--
/"\   Best regards,                        | remko_at_FreeBSD.org
\ /   Remko Lodder                      | remko_at_EFnet