Re: GPT boot with ZFS RAIDZ "ZFS: i/o error - all block copies unavailable"

From: <alteriks_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 10:44:21 +0100
On Wednesday 28 October 2009 21:43:07 Robert Noland wrote:
> If you hit a key very early then you will land in boot2, where you can
> type "status" and it will list the zfs pool.

I haven't tried it yet. Would it allow me to mount root?
I tried to install from fixit once again, but I've made a script to eliminate
all typo's I could made. I amde script using most of:
http://wiki.freebsd.org/RootOnZFS/GPTZFSBoot/RAIDZ1

After rebooting it could even load bootloader:
> ZFS: i/o error - all block copies unavailable
> ZFS: can't read MOS
> ZFS: unexpected object set type lld
> ZFS: unexpected object set type lld

So in my opinion increasing number of sectors for first slice containing
bootcode, helped at least in my case.

I'll try to install FreeBSD in tuesday with new iso, as I suspect that
something went wrong during burning dvd, also I didn't check md5. So maybe
those problems are only related to defuncted dvd, I hope so.