v9.0 treating me very well

From: Bill Squire {billsf} <billsf_at_cuba.calyx.nl>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 17:05:37 +0200
Hi current-users,

Surely we want v8.0 to work right, but many of the complaints I see have
already been fixed in v9.0 Its not my call (no way will use a Generic kernel)
but please consider your configurations carefully. If you want to do both you
need a separate base install and a /var. I put multiple base-installs on
flash ROM drives. Be sure they don't 'require MSDOSFS' to work, but be prepared
to put it back and take it back. (see the ports or emulate, also in the ports)
Hint: 2GiB drives made by a manufacturer I've taken many larger ones back so
I refuse to advertise then, particularly since they have discontinued that
model. Hint: Its a place close to namesake of this server I'm using.

PS: The low-cost (and best sounding) USB chips work out of the box, now on
v9.0 so if you have these try it out. I use balanced audio and have really
decent speakers -- You know if you read my previous posts.

Bill Squire