Re: v9.0 treating me very well

From: Jakub Lach <jakub_lach_at_mailplus.pl>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 10:52:18 -0700 (PDT)
Bill Squire {billsf} wrote:

> Hi current-users,
>
> Surely we want v8.0 to work right, but many of the complaints I see have
> already been fixed in v9.0 Its not my call (no way will use a Generic
> kernel)
> but please consider your configurations carefully. If you want to do both
> you
> need a separate base install and a /var. I put multiple base-installs on
> flash ROM drives. Be sure they don't 'require MSDOSFS' to work, but be
> prepared
> to put it back and take it back. (see the ports or emulate, also in the
> ports)
> Hint: 2GiB drives made by a manufacturer I've taken many larger ones back
> so
> I refuse to advertise then, particularly since they have discontinued that
> model. Hint: Its a place close to namesake of this server I'm using.
>
> PS: The low-cost (and best sounding) USB chips work out of the box, now on
> v9.0 so if you have these try it out. I use balanced audio and have really
> decent speakers -- You know if you read my previous posts.
>
> Bill Squire

Hello..

Maybe I should not reply, but curiosity got the better of me...

What were you trying to communicate? What is the main thought
beneath phrasing?

>Surely we want v8.0 to work right, but many of the complaints I see have
>already been fixed in v9.0

This is why we have MFC, and CURRENT in managed in somehow close state
to STABLE prior to RELEASE.

>Its not my call (no way will use a Generic kernel)

? (I fail to see connection.)

>I put multiple base-installs on
>flash ROM drives.

You see flash drives as  EEPROM, ok but I again
fail to see connection.

>PS: The low-cost (and best sounding) USB chips work out of the box, now on
>v9.0 so if you have these try it out.

Something changed after branching 8-STABLE from 8-CURRENT? I doubt it.
Ariff work is nonetheless excellent.

>I refuse to advertise then, particularly since they have discontinued that
>model. Hint: Its a place close to namesake of this server I'm using.

Why such choose of words? You want to recommend something
or rather not?

>I use balanced audio and have really
>decent speakers -- You know if you read my previous posts

It's nice to have nice speakers.

-best regards,
Jakub Lach