Re: ath(4) Atheros AR9285 support

From: Sergey Vinogradov <boogie_at_lazybytes.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 23:13:53 +0400
Alex Dupre wrote:
> Sergey Vinogradov ha scritto:
>> Just wanted to know, if there will be any Atheros AR9285 support in
>> ath(4) driver in nearest future? I've got my ASUS Eee 1005HA with one of
>> these wireless adapters, and it doesn't seem to be working.
>
> I think it should work with FreeBSD 8.0.

Well, despite the fact that "device ath", and all related stuff are
included in GENERIC kernel in 8.0-BETA4, I have no ath0 interface.
"dmesg | grep -i ath" gives nothing (well, as a matter of fact it gives
"alc0: <Atheros AR8132 PCIe Fast Ethernet> ... ", but alc0 doesn't work
either, link handling is broken as I understand). Is there something I'm
doing wrong, or something I can do to help the development? :)

--
wbr,
Boo